Making a complaint
If you have cause for complaint about an eprint in OpenDepot.org, please complete (and submit) this form, which will be sent to OpenDepot.org Repository Manager.
Action to be taken on receipt of a complaint:
On receipt of your complaint, OpenDepot.org staff will:
- make an initial assessment of its validity;
- acknowledge receipt of the complaint by email;
- for all but spurious complaints, cease access to the item that is subject to complaint;
- refer the complaint to an OpenDepot.org legal advisor for comment and advice;
- and seek to verify your identity and authority as complainant.
When the OpenDepot.org Manager has verified the authenticity of your complaint and has been advised that it is ostensibly legitimate, s/he will:
- identify the depositor of the alleged infringing material and advise her of the nature of the complaint;
If a depositor fails to refute a complaint within 60 days of notification, the complaint will be taken as upheld.
Refuting the complaint
Content that is subject to complaint will not be made available in OpenDepot.org again until the depositor has proven to the satisfaction of the OpenDepot.org Legal Advisor that it does not breach any law.
Metadata describing the item will remain in OpenDepot.org as trace.